This one-skillet mozzarella chicken thighs dish is a keto lover dream. Full of flavor and less clean up you it will become a family favorite.
This Keto chicken thighs recipe is easy to make, and we recommend using an oven-safe skillet to make the job easier.
How to make Keto Mozzarella Chicken Thighs
When it comes to tomatoes, you can add whatever tomatoes you hear desires. For this photo, multi-color tomatoes were used to create a visual, but you can use any tomatoes.
What kind of herbs to use for this mozzarella chicken thighs recipe?
For this one-skillet mozzarella chicken thighs recipe, we recommend using fresh herbs if possible.
You can garnish this recipe with fresh basil if desired.
Other Keto Dinner Recipes:
What is the nutritional information for this Mozzarella Chicken Thighs recipe?
Before we disclosed, please know that the nutritional information provided was obtained by HappyForks.com, and it is not to be replaced as medical advice.
Speak with a licensed nutritionist for more information about this recipe.
For carbs serving are:
- Total Carbs: 2.16g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Net Carbs: 1.88g
For Calorie breakdown:
- Protein: 40%
- Fat: 58%
- Carbohydrates: 1%
What are the ingredients to make Keto Mozzarella Chicken Thighs?
The estimated time to make this recipe is about 10 minutes for prep time and 35-35 for cook time.
Knowing what you will need and the step to make it will probably keep the times lower.
For this mozzarella chicken recipe, you are going to need:
To make this keto-friendly chicken thighs recipe, you are going to need the following ingredients:
- extra virgin olive oil
- boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Italian seasoning
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- unsalted butter
- chicken broth
- cherry tomatoes
- fresh Mozzarella cheese
- red pepper flakes
Now that you have all of your ingredients it is time to cook this baby!
First head over to the stove and preheat your oven to 425F or around 218C.
Next, add 1 tablespoon of virgin olive oil to a large oven-safe skillet over medium heat.
Using the remaining olive oil, rub the chicken thighs with it.
Season the chicken with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
Once you are done seasoning your chicken, place them to the hot skillet.
Make sure that you cook the chicken thighs for about 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until it developed a golden crust.
Remove the skillet from the heat.
Add butter, broth, and tomatoes to the pan and on top of each chicken thigh add fresh mozzarella cheese, crushed red pepper flakes and Italian seasoning. You may add salt and pepper if desired.
Place the oven-safe skillet into the oven and roast until the chicken is cooked and the Mozzarella melted about 15 to 20 minutes.
After you remove the chicken from the oven allowed it to rest for 5 minutes.
What to serve with One-Skillet Mozzarella Chicken Thighs?
You can serve it with loaded cauliflower au gratin or your favorite sides.
You one-skillet mozzarella chicken thighs are ready to serve!
You might like the recipes below:
One-Pot Garlic Butter Chicken Thighs and Mushrooms
Keto One-Skillet Mozzarella Chicken Thighs Recipe
Now it is time to print the recipe with the precise measurements. Click the print button found inside the recipe card below.
- 3 T. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1½ T. Italian seasoning, divided
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 3 T. unsalted butter
- ¼ c. chicken broth, preferably organic
- ½ c. multi-colored cherry tomatoes, quartered*
- 8 oz. fresh Mozzarella cheese, sliced
- ½ t. red pepper flakes
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large, oven-safe skillet over medium heat.
3. Rub the chicken thighs with the remaining olive oil and sprinkle both sides with one tablespoon Italian seasoning. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and
transfer to the hot skillet.
4. Cook for 4-5 minutes per side, or until the chicken develops a golden crust. Remove from heat and add butter, chicken broth, and cherry tomatoes. Top each chicken thigh with a slice of fresh Mozzarella cheese and sprinkle with crushed red
pepper flakes and remaining Italian seasoning. Season with additional salt and
black pepper, if desired.
5. Transfer skillet into preheated oven and roast for 15-20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and the Mozzarella is melted. Remove from oven and allow the chicken to rest for 5 minutes.
6. To serve, top chicken with some pan sauce and fresh basil sprigs, if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 479Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 230mgSodium: 595mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 45g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix on 9/18/2019