You won’t miss the carbs in this Low Carb Parmesan Crusted Sheet Pan Dinner. This is a very easy dinner recipe that is perfect for those busy weekday evenings.
WHAT IS A SHEET PAN DINNER?
Sheet pan dinners have become very popular in the past few years. I love anything that makes dinner time easier and grabbing a sheet pan can definitely do that for me.
The basic concept of a sheet pan dinner is that the whole meal is made on one (or two) sheet pan. The meat and veggies are all cooked together on one pan.
It is amazing how many different combinations of meat and veggies you can come up with when you start getting creative. Adding different spices can make the whole meal completely different.
Clean up is a breeze especially if you use Reynolds nonstick foil. This foil is my favorite for sheet pan dinners.
I just layer it on my sheet pan and when we are done eating I just fold it inward and toss in the trash! The pan underneath is still clean!
INGREDIENTS FOR LOW CARB PARMESAN CRUSTED SALMON SHEET PAN DINNER
This recipe is filled with flavor and fresh veggies! Grab some veggies out of your garden for an amazing sheet pan salmon meal.
- Crushed Pork Rind Crumbs (you can buy these already crushed for convenience!)
- Parmesan Cheese
- Chopped Fresh Parsley
- Minced Garlic
- Yellow Squash
- Red Bell Peppers
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
HOW TO MAKE A PARMESAN CRUSTED SALMON SHEET PAN DINNER
When making a sheet pan dinner it helps to pair a protein and veggies that take about the same amount of time to cook. The salmon and veggies in this recipe work very well together.
STEP ONE: PREPARE SALMON
Start off by preheating the oven to 400 degrees F.
Take your salmon that still has the skin on it and wash and pat it dry.
Salt and pepper the salmon to your taste.
STEP TWO: PREPARE VEGGIES
Slice the squash into 1/4 inch thick round slices.
Cut up the bell pepper into bite-sized pieces and slice the onion into wedges.
Add the chopped veggies into a bowl with the olive oil.
Salt and pepper the veggies to your taste. Stir the veggies to coat with oil.
Go ahead and spread the veggies out on the sheet pan. Be sure to leave a space in the center for the salmon.
STEP THREE: COAT SALMON
Melt the butter in a small bowl. Add the minced garlic to the butter.
Take another bowl and combine the crushed pork rinds, parmesan cheese and chopped parsley. Stir these ingredients together.
Dip each piece of salmon face down into the butter and then coat it in the parmesan mixture.
Place the salmon skin-side down in the middle of the sheet pan.
You can sprinkle any remaining crumb mixture over the veggies if desired.
STEP FOUR: BAKE
Place the sheet pan in the oven and bake for about 15-20 minutes. Make sure the salmon is cooked through and the veggies are tender.
LOW CARB PARMESAN CRUSTED SALMON SHEET PAN DINNER RECIPE
You can print off the complete ingredients and instructions for this Low Carb Parmesan Crusted Salmon Sheet Pan Dinner via the recipe card below. I know you are excited to try this healthy dinner recipe!
- 1 ½ lb Salmon with the skin on
- 1 cup Crushed pork rind crumbs
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- 3 Tbsp Chopped fresh parsley
- ⅓ cup butter
- 2 Cloves minced garlic
- 2 Medium sized yellow squash
- 2 Red bell peppers
- 1 Onion
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash and pat dry your salmon. Apply salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare your vegetables. Slice the squash into ¼ inch thick rounds, cut the red bell peppers into bite sized squares and slice the onion into wedges.
- Place all of the vegetables into a large mixing bowl, and add the olive oil as well as salt and pepper to taste. Toss to coat all of the vegetables well. Arrange the vegetables on a sheet tray, with a space left in the middle for the salmon fillets.
- Place the melted butter and the garlic cloves into a shallow bowl together.
- In another bowl, combine the crushed pork rind crumbs, the parmesan cheese and the chopped parsley. Stir to combine.
- Dip each salmon fillet face down into the garlic butter mixture, and then coat it in the parmesan mixture.
- Place each coated salmon fillet skin side down in the middle of the sheet pan.
- Sprinkle some of the remaining parmesan crumb mixture over the vegetables.
- Bake uncovered for 15-20 minutes until the salmon is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
Be sure to PIN this delicious salmon recipe so you can come back and make it again and again!